Haunted Heart

I've tried to ignore it.
I've tried to shut it down.
I've tried to bury it.
Oh Lord, how I've tried!

I've tried to forget it.
I've tried to quiet it.
I've tried to push it away.
Oh Lord, how I've tried!

But, oh Lord,
This urge...
is not backing down.
This need...
is not going away
These feelings...
are not fading out.

Oh Lord, I promise...
I've tried not to feel
I've tried not to fall
I've tried not to miss
I even tried to forget...

But, every time I close my eyes
I see him
I see us
I see what could have been

Oh Lord...
I don't know how.
I don't know why.
I don't know anything...

I do know...
I can still feel his touch.
I can still hear his call.
I can still smell his perfume.
I can still sense him...

Oh Lord, I cannot regret...
What I've felt...
What I still feel.
What I've done...
What I wish I could do.

Oh Lord, I wonder how ...
How he still has my heart?
How he still has my soul?
How he's still a part of me.

Oh Lord, I wonder why...
Why he still has all of me?
Whether he wants it or not...
Whether I want it or not...
He's still here!

Oh Lord, please...
Please let him stay
Please make him go away
Oh Lord, please...
Please let me have some peace!





Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

It's Life

Demons

Mais 1 poema Sem titulo